Saturday, January 15, 2011

Don't Ride the Elevator/APARTMENT PICS :)

Hey hey hey everyone! Sorry it has been a while. It has been a wild last couple days but soo fantastic. I moved into my apartment (I mean palace) and it is unreal. After hearing stories from my sister about how small her apartment was I was kind of fearing the worst. I walked in with my 4 other roommates (Jessica Bargman, a girl named Kevyn from UNR, a Columbian girl named Melissa, and an Indian model named Sartaj) and our jaws just dropped. Our apartment is in midtown Torino and is just beautiful. We have two bathrooms, 3 bedrooms (two girls in two rooms and one single room), a kitchen with a kitchen table, TV, washer, DRYER, and dish washer. We basically got the best apartment in the entire program. I will post pics as soon as possible! I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

So we have basically been unpacking and exploring our area of town. One day we went to the supermarket down the street and proceeded to walk home with our groceries and promptly get stuck in the elevator. We realized the max capacity read 3 people instead of 5 plus bags of groceries and vino. So there we are, yelling at our other roomies to call the director of our program to figure out how to get us out. THIS IS STILL DAY ONE, MIND YOU. Eventually an Italian man pried us out with a crowbar and we all erupted in cheers. He hugged and kissed each one of us on the forehead as we left. Not the best way to meet your neighbors but i think we have managed to leave a lasting impression haha. Just one of the many memories I have made with all the awesome people in my group. 

We have eaten out both nights so far and are spending euros like they are dollars which is NOT TRUE. I have had mucho cappuccinos and am hooked. We ate out for dinner the last two nights and have had unreal pasta and vino. As we were looking for the pubs and discos last night I had a an unreal moment. It was night and the streets were dimly lit. There was fog rolling in, we could see the Po River, and were walking on cobblestone streets when suddenly we hear a guy start playing an accordion. This is also after I had just feasted on ravioli. It was the first time I really understood how awesome this place is and how blessed I am to be here. TALK ABOUT COOL. 

We also toured our school and it is pretty small but very accommodating. The cafeteria makes amazing Italian food for cheap and I will be able to feast on that each day at school. It starts on Monday as well and I still need to figure out which bus goes where. Thanksgiving in NYC has somewhat prepped me for this adventure. I do not have internet at my apartment so it may be hard to find times to skype with you all. If you want to set up a time and day just send me an e-mail at shayberry@vandals.uidaho.edu and we can figure it out or just call me if you ever see i am on and you are too! I miss everyone dearly, but seriously....you have to see this place. XOXO
My roommate and I at the school caffe.

Aw friends :)

The ladies head to our first fab dinner!


View of apartment from front door.

Kevyn and Sartaj's room.

My room (and Jessica's too I suppose). Please note there is a dining room table in our room and a balcony haha.

My bed is on the right.

My closet! I couldn't bring enough stuff to fill it :(

Our balcony opens up and our landlord has put a lovely x-mas tree  on it.....

Kitchen.

We have an oven, washer, dryer, dish washer, etc....LOVE.

Balcony from kitchen. 

Our balcony on other side of the apartment.  The washer and dryer are at the end. 

Roomie Melissa and her single room which is HUGE.

One of our amazing bathrooms. Yes those are double sinks. 

Add caption

Second bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment