Sunday, January 23, 2011

I AM BROKE.

Yay we made it to Milan! Unfortunately the night before we went downtown, so sleep was scarce. But nonetheless we made it on the train and arrived in Milan at 9:45 am. We were promptly greeted outside Duomo by some guys from Senegal who gave us free bracelets but then proceeded to demand Euros. We stayed around the Duomo most of the day. Our first stop after we arrived....Mc D's. It was amazing and much needed. Then we explored the beautiful 500 year old cathedral for a while and payed 5 euros to go on the roof. I have tons of  pics so just scroll down. After that we realized we were in Milan (the fashion capital of the world) and did some shopping :) However, the place I blew the most Euros was at H&M because it was about the only place I could afford haha. I bought a pair of REAL ITALIAN BOOTS, MADE IN ITALY. I am sooo excited and they were only 69 Euros. Talk about a steal. After shopping we made our way through town and came upon a huuuuge castle. We actually walked through it and through a park on the other side to have the best gelato I have ever had. STRATIATELLA.

Milan was so beautiful I can't get over it. We decided the next time we go back we are going to try to make reservations to go see The Last Supper. It was also soo nice to run into people that spoke English. I can't wait to go back again soon. We are in the works of planning our next trip possibly next weekend (if my roomies and I can get better) to Florence. I hope you all enjoy the pics!! Lovies.

**Note below there are some pics from Eataly, going out downtown, and our first field trip to the Lingotto Mall. :)
A quick stop in Eataly for some groceries!



My cappuccino from school :)

Getting artsy.

Field trip to the Lingotto Mall which used to be a Fiat factory. There is a race track on the roof. (This one is for you Cory Kelmel)

Clint and Molly


Part of my Elementary Italian class on the race track.

The Olympic Arch in Torino. Look at them mountains.



First REAL night out.

This is a guy and he is carrying a Louis Vuitton murse (man purse).


Models.


Oh WOW this is attractive.

Train ride after 3 hours of sleep.

We feel great.

Haha oh Clint is struggling.



Purpley Melissa.

Ginger Nick.

Sleepy Sartaj.

Messing with the fish eye lens on my camera.

Goodnight baby angel.

Clint's Kicks. I am so good at photography. 

Hello Duomo!

Beautiful architecture everywhere.

A seriously gorgeous day. 

As I said, beautiful architecture EVERYWHERE.

Unreal.

Inside the Duomo.

Sooo much detail.


Stained glass in all the windows.


On the top of the Duomo. 

Roomies.



Reaching for the fruit.





No one knows the girl in the back.

Milan group!

A street in Milan where the lanterns changed colors.



MAJESTY. This is a real life castle people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment